Monday, February 8, 2010

The Value of a Non-Profit

"Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone..."

You never truly know the value of something until it's too late.  Or can you?

Team Kid Care is yet another one of those organizations I intended on working for but failed to because honestly, I don't have much time and my interests in helping specific organizations tend to fluctuate.

Information about Team Kid Care:
"Team Kid Care is an innovative non-profit organization dedicated to enhancing the lives of children with serious medical conditions and their families"
http://www.teamkidcare.org/

Unfortunately, I never volunteered with them. :( Maybe if I had helped them they wouldn't have gone under?  Maybe?  This might be what it feels like to witness someone or something die and wonder if it's your fault.  Of course it isn't as dramatic; I doubt my support would have helped substantially, but still.  I think I could have done more.  Maybe if they had let people know they were in financial troubles people would have helped them out more.

I can't wait until this summer; I love working at Community Support Services, another non-profit agency.  CSS works with people who have developmental disabilities and I've really learned a lot working at the organization even though it does have some issues I don't like dealing with.  Maybe this is a reminder to value CSS for the good work it does instead of remembering the times I felt I was wasting my time with bureaucratic messes and inefficiency.

No comments:

Post a Comment